The Military Officers Association of America – Heart of America Chapter Scholarship Program will make available merit college scholarships of $2500, $1500 and $1000 to eligible Junior ROTC senior cadets in the Kansas City metro area. Applicants must be (1) a citizen of the United States; (2) seniors in high school; (3) of high moral character; (4) Maintain a sound academic record, combined with leadership and citizenship in the community; (5) those who will enroll in an accredited 2 or 4 year institute of higher education in the fall term of the academic year 2018-2019
- Be a citizen of the United States of America and a senior in high school with a competitive academic record; of high moral character, display a record of leadership; and plan to attend an accredited 2 or 4 year institute of higher education in the coming fall.
- Be nominated by a JROTC instructor; or a child or grandchild of an MOAAHOAC member in good standing.
- Complete the Scholarship Application paperwork in its entirety.
- Submit an official high school transcript to include ACT or SAT scores with the application. Applicants must have an ACT score of 20 or higher or estimated SAT range of 1390-1440.
- Essay of 300 words or less: What are your strengths and qualifications for the Military Officers Association of America-Heart of America Chapter scholarship?
- Receive endorsement letter(s) of JROTC senior instructor; if not in JROTC program endorsement letter(s) from school counselor and/or teachers is required.
Confidentiality and Impartiality:
All applications and attachments become the property of the MOAA-HOAC and will not be returned. Final selection of the scholarship recipients is determined by the MOAA-HOAC Scholarship Committee.